Grain Free Pumpkin Muffins!
It's that time of year again and pumpkin everything! I love pumpkin! And I am currently obsessed with pumpkin coffee from Trader Joe's with a little organic cream. Yum. Not a fan of flavored coffee, there's something about this one. But I'm not here to talk to you about the virtues of the Trader Joe's coffee; it's all about the pumpkin muffin! This is one that is light and can be a beautiful addition to your Thanksgiving table, especially if you use the pumpkin bundt pan I found a couple of years ago. It was the inspiration for these muffins! So if you have leftover pumpkin puree from making another dish for the holiday table, try it in this. I swear you won't be disappointed. And in the future, I may add a light icing. More to come later. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Grain Free Paleo Pumpkin Muffins/Mini Bundt Cakes
From the Kitchen of Heather Page – Healthy Decadence
¼ c. coconut oil, melted
½ can (15 oz.) organic pumpkin or ¾ c. pumpkin puree
¼ c. honey
1 t. vanilla
¼ c. coconut flour
2 T almond flour
½ t. baking soda
¼ t. salt
2 ½ t. ground cinnamon
¾ t. ground ginger
¼ ground cloves
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Grease bundt pan with coconut oil and dust with arrowroot starch or line muffin tins with liners.
2. Combine coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves and set aside.
3. Beat eggs, pumpkin, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat with a hand mixer.
5. Pour into pumpkin bundt pan until almost ¾ full or lined muffin tin until 2/3 full.
6. Bake in pumpkin bundt/muffin pan for 22-25 minutes or muffin tin for 18-20 minutes. Done when toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let sit for 10 minutes then let cool on a rack.
8. Serve when cooled. Refrigerate in an air tight container if not consuming all in one day. Will stay fresh for a week in fridge.