Instant Pot Chicken "Meat" Stock
My InstantPot (and my Berkey water filter) have been getting a work out the last few days. I've been making beef bone broth, as I have had a few pounds of bones to use in the freezer and I need space. I've never been a huge fan of beef bone broth, but I went to the experts, i.e., the GAPS mamas, and took their advice. The broth is amazing. This recipe is a blog post for another day . . .
But I digress! We're here to talk about meat stock! My youngest has some kind of upper respiratory gunk and requested chicken soup. I decided to use chicken legs as they are less expensive and provide a good amount of meat without me having to freeze a ton that doesn't get used. Although I'll be making my Chicken White Bean Chili over the weekend. I like dark meat for this recipe.
It's quick and simple to make and oh so delicious! Check out the recipe below!
Instant Pot Meat Stock
from the kitchen of Heather Fischer-Page, Healthy Decadence
3 1/2 lbs. cut up organic chicken pieces (I used chicken legs)
3 organic carrots, roughly chopped
3 stalks organic celery, roughly chopped
4 cloves organic garlic, skins on
1/2 large yellow onion, quartered
2 tsp. Real Salt
Handful of fresh parsley (optional)
1. Place chicken and vegetables in Instant Pot line and sprinkle salt over.
2. Add water and cover until water is 2 or 3 inches above the chicken and vegetables.
3. Close the lid and set the knob to seal.
4. Set Instant Pot to Soup for 20 minutes.
5. Let it come to pressure and cook.
6. When it is finished, allow it to go to low for another 30 minutes natural pressure release. Quick pressure release, if needed.
7. Turn off and let cool a few minutes.
8. Strain out chicken and vegetables. Salt to taste.
NOTE: I cool the chicken, remove meat and skin and save the bones for bone broth. For a bone broth recipes go to https://www.healthydecadencentp.com/single-post/2017/09/29/Meal-Prep-Tips-3-4-and-How-to-Make-Bone-Broth-in-the-Instant-Pot.