Quick and Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl
I'm always looking for new ways to add vegetables to my kids' meals. And if the recipe is quick and easy, I'm all for it. We're busy with music lessons, homework and soccer, so our afternoons and evenings are filled with activities. One or two pan, nutrient dense meals that take less than 30 minutes are a life saver. And it beats a drive thru (not my thing). This is low carb and paleo if you skip the rice noodles (an addition my oldest added it and it kicked it up a notch for her). Enjoy!
Rainbow Eggroll in a Bowl
from the kitchen of Heather Fischer-Page, Healthy Decadence
1 lb. ground organic turkey
1/2 lb. ground organic and pastured pork
3 T. coconut oil
2 1/2 t. ground ginger
2 1/2 T. coconut aminos or tamari (may want to use less tamari, as the sodium content is a lot higher)
1 tsp. fish sauce
1/2 red and yellow pepper, diced
6 green onions, white and light green sliced
1 bag Trader Joe's Shredded Red and Green Cabbage with Carrots
1/2 c. snap or snow peas, julienned
1/4 tsp. mineral salt (if using coconut amino), or to taste
Green onion tops, sliced for garnish
Cilantro, chopped for garnish
Trader Joe's Jalapeño Hot Sauce or Sriracha
Cooked: Kelp or rice noodles or Cauliflower Rice
1. Heat coconut oil on medium.
2. Cook pork, turkey, and half of ground ginger for 5-7 minutes or until browned.
3. Add vegetables (except green sliced tops of scallions), coconut aminos, fish sauce and rest of ground ginger. Sauté until cabbage is tender but firm, about 7-10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt.
5. Add to individual bowls with or without cauliflower rice and/or cooked rice noodles and garnish with green onion, cilantro and hot sauce.